Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 (dependant on experience)
Hours: Full time position
Contract: 6 Months Initially
Based in: South Manchester
The role of a PCA is one that is unique, rewarding and challenging. You will be providing an efficient and confidential communication/support service for our Sales Director using British Sign Language, relaying telephone calls, reading and translating written texts and note-taking where necessary. There may be a requirement to provide support at various high-level meetings and conferences, and the successful candidate will also be required to undertake some of the associated communication centred administrative duties of the director.
Additionally, you may be required to offer communication support to other D/deaf individuals who may require support, this will be in-line with your capacity and levels of fluency.
This position is offered on a full time (37.5 hrs) basis with a degree of flexibility as it may include some evening and/or weekend work. The working schedule may change from week to week to meet the needs of the business. There will be an amount of travelling involved across the UK.
The ability to communicate in British Sign Language at a fluent level is essential for this position and you should therefore already have a minimum level 3 – 6 in British Sign Language and have evidence of your qualification from the relevant awarding body or have the ability to demonstrate equivalent capability following an assessment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in office administration with a good standard of written English, coupled with high levels of organisation and time management.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for effective communication and information exchange.
• To relay telephone calls English to BSL and vice versa.
• To read and modify written text on behalf of the Sales Director ensuring that the information, the meaning / inferred meanings are reflected accurately
• To attend meetings and act as a Support Professional
• To support the Sales Director in his daily role of managing the business
• To take responsibility for the daily administrative tasks associated with the role of Sales Director
Essential minimum requirements:
• Minimum BSL Level 3 qualification
• GCSE Standard or equivalent with grade C or above in Maths and English
• Professional telephone manner
• Ability to work without supervision
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org